Monday, January 19, 2009

Oops

The only reason I started this blog was so I could remember what I did and learned in the Philippines. But I realize uhm I didn't really record anything about my actual trip while I was there..haha...oops.
So I guess I'll just note the biggest lessons from God=)

1. Less is more. Sometimes I think it's so easy for people in the States especially to look at people in other countries and to think, 'hey those people are suffering because they don't have nice cars, nice houses, nice clothes, internet, TVs'. But I think suffering's a really relative thing and I also think that maybe WE'RE the ones suffering in our materialism.

2. I'm happier when I don't focus on myself. hm I know that sounds weird. haha. But really! When I was in the PI, I didn't have school worries or future worries, and that really let me focus on my family and my friends. The key to happiness for me is to not look inwards but outwards. Then I realize there's too much for me to be thankful for that there's really no sense, no right for me to NOT be happy.

I'm sure there's more but I forget..haha..

No comments: